Tuesday 16 September 2014

Over pocket section finished

As I worked my way down towards the hem I discovered a problem. Some of the holding threads had slipped, especially on the over pocket section where I used the same cardboard slits for the second layer of warp. A number of warps had pulled up and were too short by up to 3/4 centimeter. My solution was to skip these warps and weave all the other threads, marking the problem warps as I went. 

After I finished the final row, I went back and darned in additional lengths of warp where I had skipped over. Once the cloth is off the form, I'll decide if I need to remove some of the extra bulk of the original warp threads, or, if the mend isn't visible, just leave it.
Once the mending job was done, I could move on to the last section of the over pockets at the front. 
Now that I am finished to the level of the top of the pockets, I can remove the temporary hem stitching from the top of the weaving and begin to weave around the midriff of the jacket towards the underarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment