Thursday 21 October 2010

The colours


I started planning the colour scheme after my sister gave me the base yarn, a lovely warm beige flecked wool.


I kept looking for the colours I'd like to blend with it and finally found the knobbly white, and the shiny turquoise. 
 

All I needed after that was a darker fine yarn to tie it all together, and I finally found the grey/blue variegated yarn.
Then I made samples combining the yarns.
The colour plan - The entire warp will be made up of the beige combined with the blue-grey. The weft will consist of the beige with a strand of turquoise except on the yoke and cuffs which will get the white knobbly yarn instead of the turquoise for a gentle contrast. Here and there I'll weave in some turquoise ribbon for sparkle or three strands of turquoise for stronger colour at points I'd like to emphasize.

No comments:

Post a Comment