Sunday 10 October 2010

JACKET in capital letters

Two years ago I got the idea that I would like to try to weave a jacket all in one piece with no seams. I was given some lovely wool and I began to try to figure out what it would take to make such a jacket. Many samples and experiments later, I have figured out the process. Soon I will actually use the lovely wool to warp the jacket. This blog will briefly document the steps that I have taken to get this far and where I go from here. When I started investigating the process, I didn't know how many things I would need to learn and how many trial projects I would go through to learn them. Now as I am about to launch into the actual weaving, the project has grown in importance in my life to such an extent that I always capitalize JACKET when I refer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment