Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Preparing for "take off"

While the jacket was still on the weaving form, I measured it in various dimensions. to compare with after "take off" and after fulling.
Also, I took the opportunity while it was still held taut, to do some darning in. There were warps tied off at pins to create shaping in various places. 
I untied them and darned one end downward and one end upward.

Then as I gradually unpicked the holding stitches around the hem...

I darned in warps and drew up slack where needed.

Then the edge was even.

With the hem free, I could turn back the overpockets to reveal the underpockets... 

and I took out the pins holding them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment